I’m all about the quick these days! I never enjoyed cold food that’s meant to be hot, before having a newborn. But, that’s how it goes! If you can make something quick and healthy, I’m all in!
Tonight, I made a Romesco sauce from scratch and it was delicious! I paired it with potatoes and steak, but it is such a versatile sauce. I made extra to pair wth chicken tomorrow. You can even use it in place of jar spaghetti sauce. In fact, take your jar sauce and throw it in the trash, where it belongs! 😜
- 3 cloves garlic (or more if you are Italian)
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 plum tomato
- 2 tablespoons pistachios
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar (any vinegar will do)
1. Place garlic cloves, bell pepper and tomato on a sheet pan. Drizzle with olive oil and paprika. Season with salt and pepper to taste. (I always hold off on the salt and add it to the final product if needed) Toss to thoroughly coat. Arrange the bell pepper and tomato skin sides down. Roast 20 minutes or until browned and softened. Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
2. Place pistachios in plastic bag and use a spatula (or whatever you’ve got to crush them! GREAT stress reliever!)
3. Once the roasted veggies have cooled enough to handle, transfer the bell pepper, tomato and garlic cloves to a cutting board; finely chop. Transfer to a medium bowl.
4. Add the pistachios and vinegar. Stir in a drizzle of olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Recipe is courtesy of Blue Apron and glamour momma approved!